Monday, October 26, 2015

Do what is right


Well, Im done with another epoca of my mission. Tomorrow is transfer day. I have been living, teaching, and learning from Elder Espinoza for the last 12 weeks, or the last three months, and tomorrow, everything is going to change. But im not worried, or anxios, or scared of whats going to happen tomorrow. I just feel calm, and at peace. I feel like ive done all that I could do to make my area the best area in the misison, and that ive done all I could to train Elder Espinoza. Today doesnt feel any different than yesterday, and nor will tomorrrow feel any diferent than today. Im doing all that is expected of me, and than a little more. 

 

Thats what Ive found the secret of life to be. The search for peace, happiness, tranquilidad, are the great desires of everyone. And in my personal expierience, I feel the most at peace, when Im doing what I should, what is expected, and than doing just a little, not much, but just a little bit more than what I did yesterday. Its really simple, but yet its so difficult for many to understand. For example, we had an investagator who had a smoking problem. He was always tense, and he voiced his worry and concern for the future. We made it real clear to him, that he needs to stop, and obey the commandments of God, the word of wisdom, to feel a sense of hope for the future. He understood fine, but he didnt do anything to make today better than yesterday. He never stopped little by little. He would always say, tomorrow ill do more, tomorrow ill smoke one less cigarette, but when tomorrow became today, hed reuse the excuse, and put off his comitment till the next day. We tried all that we could to fill him in on the secret, that his future is quickly coming, and he can not prevent it from coming. His worrys and concerns for tomorrow will shortly become worrys and concerns of today. He understood perfectly what we were telling him, but he would not make that change today. In other words, he was procrastinating the day of his repentance. And one day in the very near future, we will not have any more time to make changes to our lifestyle. Ive learned if there is something I want to change, someone I want to be like, like for example Jesus Christ, I have to make that decion today to change, and then and then make that change today. By doing things tomorrow, nothing will get accomplished, no one will change, and Satan will win. If Satan wins, there will be misery in every corner of the earth, and no one will be at peace or will have joy. God created man to have joy, and we have joy when we are doing what he expects from us, and when we are changing little by little here a little and there a little every day. That is the secret to life, to do our work and change today, and then to do even more tomorrow. This I can testify of, because, I can feel myself changing everyday. I may not look any different today then yesterday, but im changing in the heart and in the mind. Everyone should and needs to feel these changes of heart and changes of mind to fell the joy and the peace that God can give us. Dont worry at all about me, Im doing fine, but also dont stop praying for me. Pray always, and ill always pray for you all, and dont worry, and I wont worry about you all.

 

Elder High

No comments:

Post a Comment