Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Week 4


Buenos Dias!

Well, another week has gone by. It literaly feels like i was writing you just yesterday. The week has just flown by. Everyone says the days take forver but the weeks zip by, and that is so true.

Honestly, not a whole lot has really been happining around here, just the typical routine.

6.00 wake up

6.30 work out

8.00 desayuno[ breakfast]

9.00 language study

12.45 Almuerzo [ lunch]

1.30 gospel study

5.45 Cena [dinner]

6.30 lessons

9.00 plan for the next day

10.30 bed

That is my scheduale everyday. No real varience between the days. The days get really boring, so i have to find ways to keep them interesting. I make sure to study a different topic or different vocab everyday to change things up. The best part of the day is the time where i get to teach. Typically, me and Elder Ang teach 4-5 lessons 20 minuete lesosns a day. We teach our teachers, other missionaries, and often times real people off the streets. It is the one time of the day where i get to talk to other people besides the missionaries in my district, and it has been the most help to me for my teaching. The is no better way to learn how to teach, than to just go out and do it.

In other news, today was a transfer day. 2 weeks ago i was more excited for transfer day because i knew we were getting newbies at the CCM. This transfer has been a lot more sad. The lationos again, are just the best people in the world, and it is hard to say goodbye, but this week i had to say goodbye to the 10 Nortes who are heading into the field.The thing about being in a small CCM, is that you know everyone, and you grow close to everyone. When there are just 30 North Americans in a building that you are stuck in for 4 weeks, you make friends with all of them. The group of Nortes in particular that left today, were super good to my group. They took us under their wings and showed us the ropes, and have given me tons of usefull advice. They will be great missionaries, but it sucks to say goodbye. Oh well, 10 more Nortes come in tomorrow. Its kinda weird that i have been at the CCM for 4 weeks now. I am nearly done!!

Like i said, the days around here are all pretty much the same, so i really dont have too much to say, but i will take some time to answer questions in another email. This church is true. Everything testifyes that there is a God. I love you all mucho!

Elder High
 
 
MMkay. Question time
Dreams in spanish.. Hmm, kinda. I had a dream last night where i remeber someone told me Como Esta, and I said Muy Bien. I guess i know como esta and muy bien pretty well, but other than that, not yet.
 
My talk.. So i gave a ten minuet talk about the gift of the Holy Ghost. Im sure to the Lations i sounded like a 5 year old, but they were all like " That was so great man" and stuff like that haha.
 
Travel info.. Nada. Nunca. Zilch. im sure Ill find out eventually, but as of now, i have no clue. I do not know if ill be flying or if ill be taking a bus. Ill find out sooner or later.
 
So about my sickness.. Im sorry i didnt go into much detail last week, but i literally had one minuete. Im not going to lie, it wasnt fun. My whole body ached, and i spent the whole night in the bathroom, and it was fast sunday, so no food. It just lasted one day, but i felt like i was going to die. We had a seminar yesterday about some diseases that i will get, and they look terrible. The way the doctor explained denge fever was one week where youd rather just be dead. Dont look up pictures of people with the Denge. They look like people from the Waliking dead.The doctor said it will be the most miserable week of my life, but it only lasts a week, and it only comes once. I guess that there is one other disease that i am also guarenteed to geet called like the Chicken disese. It is essentially a month of arthristis in all of my bones, and 99 out of 100 americans get it. I guess also flies like to lay their larva in our skins so thats a thing. What i had two weeks ago is nothing like what im going to get.
 
So to something happy and good and all, The Temple!!.. So i just got back from my fourth session here in guatemala. All the sessions have been in english, so no worries. The temple is smaller, but verry beautifull. The interior of the temple is very simple, but verry verry beautiful. It is very small and not very decorated, but it is an incredible building. Every time i have gone to the temple i have learned something new. Im not going to share what i have learned, becuaes reasons, but everything just works together.
 
What can you do for me..No say. Everything is good down here. Just keep the missionaries in your prayers. We feel the power that comes from prayer. There is some power that wakes us up in the morining and carries us throughout the day. We know you are praying for us, becuase we feel it. Again I wil say it, I Love you. Have a great week
Elder High
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment