Monday, December 21, 2015

A true testimony of Christ


ba ba ba Im... Dreaming... of a white.... Cristmas.... Haha

 
 
Yeah, I know its christmas time, but it sure doesnt feel like it! I do kinda of miss the snow, and the cold weather, and the traditions and everything, but I wouldnt change what Ill be doing this christmas for anything in the world. I love what I am doing here. I love why I am here. I love every single aspect of this mission that I am in. What a privlidge I have to proclaim the truths that Christ was born to Mary more than 2000 years ago, that through Christ we can be made whole, that there is much to hope for, and that those who still seek after christ will have victory over death. What a blessing it is to be a missionary at this time of the year. I remember back to a quote that I read before my mission. Simply it states "Wise men still seek after Christ." The wisest men that I know are constantly seeking to find Christ in  every aspect of life, in every person, in every way. There are many plain and simple truths that can be opened when we put in the effort to seek after Christ. 

 
I have also spent a good amount of time pondering the blessings and the miracles that I have in my life. First off, every day is a miracle, and is given from God. I have the blessings to have the best parents in this life, and the best family. I have the blessing to have this gospel in my life. I have the blessing to be engulfed in the service of God, and in the service of my fellow man, wherever they may be. I have the blessing to have the best companions in the mission. I have had the blessing to help many to understand how to help themselves. I have seen the miracles of life given, and of life taken. I have seen the miracles of many being healed due to their faith. I have seen and witnessed countless miracles that prove to me the true power of God. I have had the blessing to have been given hardships, and to have been given weaknesses. I am a stronger person due to them. I have also heard a quote from a seventy I want to say who said "A saint is not someone who is perfect, A saint is someone who keeps on trying." I have had the blessing to be a saint in these later days, and to have been blessed to keep on trying.

 The Christmas spirit has overcome me. I may not be who I was last christmas, but God doesnt care about who I was, only who I am now, and who I am becoming. I am becoming a deciple of Jesus Christ. I am learing how to seek after him. I am really coming to learn the real meaning of Christmas. Christmas is not for me, but is for others. Christ was born to give his life to others, so thats what ill be doing this christmas. I love you all so so verry much. I wish I could be there with you, but God has already made my plans this christmas. I wish that every one of you will have the merriest little christmas posible.

 
With love

 
Merry CHRISTmas

 
Elder High

No comments:

Post a Comment